History of the Bank
Established in 1900, Merchants & Farmers Bank has had the opportunity to provide banking services for clients throughout West Alabama for over 120 years. Much has changed over the years, but the bank’s commitment to personal service and finding solutions for our customers has not. Through difficult economic times, including a Great Depression, Merchants & Farmers Bank has been there for its customers. Our commitment to the communities we serve is without question.
Though Merchants & Farmers Bank began in Greene County, Alabama, it has since grown from its humble Eutaw roots. Not only did the bank move from Eutaw Town Square to Prairie Avenue, but it has also expanded to other locations. That means more help – and easily accessible services – for our customers!
In addition to its original Eutaw location, Merchants & Farmers Bank has a branch in Prattville, as well as a loan office in Demopolis. You can also find three ATMs located throughout the Eutaw community.
As a longstanding institution in the West Alabama community, Merchants & Farmers Bank has been recognized by the Alabama State Banking Commission for being one of the few independent banks in the state operating for more than 100 years.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of Merchants & Farmers Bank consists of Chairman of the Board Daniel M. Garnand, Alvis Storey, Ralph Liverman, Harris Banks, Gavin Edgar, and Kevin Jockisch.